Version 4.1.0 released June 2022
- Improve hybrid tracking with SteamVR. Always center the Shadow skeleton when you create the rest pose.
- Improve support for multiple Shadow suits in Unreal Engine.
- Add support for StreamVR "Quick Calibrate" to make setup simpler.
- Update Unreal Engine plugin to use built in APIs for data streaming.
Version 4.0.5 released April 2022
- Update library versions for performance and security.
- Remove Bonjour support on Windows.
- Fix for missing runtime files on some Windows versions.
Version 4.0.4 released April 2022
- Improve Wi-Fi device discovery for Linux.
- Add live streaming to the Epic skeleton in Unreal Engine.
- Fix for streaming to Maya on Windows.
- Update to Unreal Engine 5.0 release.
- Update to Maya 2023 release.
- Update to MotionBuilder 2023 release.
Version 4.0.3 released October 2021
- Improve geomagnetic reference field with World Magnetic Model (WMM).
- Fix for Shadow Streaming license.
- Update to macOS 12 Monterey.
- Update to Windows 11.
Version 4.0.2 released September 2021
- Improve network discovery notifications on Windows.
- Add support for new MotionNode hardware.
- Fix for Wi-Fi discovery with multiple Shadow suits
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.27 release.
Version 4.0.1 released June 2021
- Improve Chart view in Shadow app to show all measurement channels.
- Add support for new Wi-Fi 5 controller.
- Fix Vive hybrid tracking to preserve hand markers without controllers present.
Version 4.0.0 released April 2021
- Improve Wi-Fi device discovery for Windows.
- Improve C3D format compatibility with C-Motion Visual3D.
- Add device serial number input to the Shadow app to simplify initial setup.
- Add Debian package for Linux installer.
- Update Shadow app to support new product bundle based workflows.
- Update take stream format to include unique sensor hardware identifiers.
- Update user settings to simplify and make them easier to find.
- Update to Maya 2022 release.
- Update to MotionBuilder 2022 release.
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.26 release.
- Update to Unity 2020 release.
Version 3.0.6 released September 2020
- Add Pose selector for all skeletons. Choose your rest pose.
- Add automatic SteamVR config for minimal tracking setup.
- Update Shadow app to always use dark mode.
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.25 release.
Version 3.0.5 released March 2020
- Update geomagnetic reference field model for IGRF-13 release.
- Update dark mode to use Windows and macOS system settings.
- Update to MotionBuilder 2020 release.
- Fix for multiple Shadow systems on one Wi-Fi network.
Version 3.0.4 released December 2019
- Improve automatic cleanup for hybrid tracking positional markers. Better handling of tracker occlusion and dropouts.
- Improve Shadow Hybrid skeleton to show green markers for hybrid tracker inputs.
- Add dark mode support to the Shadow app.
- Add Lua command to modify the pose field in the configuration.
- Update to Maya 2020 release.
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.24 release.
- Update C3D exporter with option to exclude "analog" channels.
- Fix C3D format for loading analog measurement data in Mokka.
Version 3.0.3 released September 2019
- Improve automatic take cleanup for jumping. Compute linear velocity (lv) for the Body and Hips nodes.
- Add Shadow Biomech skeleton. Choose this to add a standard marker set for gait analysis to the Shadow data set.
- Add web cam recording with takes.
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.23 release.
- Fix in installer for Windows 10 to use network path for user data.
Version 3.0.2 released August 2019
- Improve the C3D file format for compatibility with biomechanics research and analysis software.
- Add the body space quaternion (Bq) channel to the Shadow data stream.
- Add support for HTC Vive with minimal hardware. Perform set up without two controllers headset.
- Update C3D format to include all channels in the take as "analog" measurement data.
- Update C3D format to support Z-up coordinate system. For compatibility with Visual 3D and Biomechanics of Bodies (BoB).
- Update C3D format to support the ROTATION extension for Visual 3D.
Version 3.0.1 released May 2019
- Improve the Calibrate view in the desktop application. Better error reporting.
- Update take v3 format to remove zero channels after recording. Prevents extra channels in take stream and in exported data.
- Update to remove duplicate timing information from the Shadow data stream.
- Fix in Maya plugin to import the mTake format.
Version 3.0.0 released April 2019
- Improve hybrid tracking. OpenVR (HTC Vive) and OptiTrack (via Motive) plugins supported.
- Improve support for Vive Tracker devices. Allow general purpose streaming to the SDK and take.
- Improve support for rigid body tracking from Motive. Allow general purpose streaming to the SDK and take.
- Improve Shadow desktop application support on Linux.
- Add take v3 format. Read only support for take v2. Dropped support for take v1.
- Add configuration v3 format. Includes read support for older formats.
- Add JSON-RPC based command interface to the Lua interpreter.
- Add guided Calibrate view to the desktop application.
- Update configuration file and Lua classes to use a flat list rather than nested tree of nodes.
- Update all internal file formats to JSON instead of XML. Read only support for XML formats.
- Update Lua scripting interface. All custom classes now print to JSON format by default.
- Update to Autodesk 2019 releases for Maya, MotionBuilder, and FBX SDK.
- Update to Unreal Engine 4.22 release.
- Update to Unity 2018.3 release.
- Remove the v1 web based user interface and support.
- Remove XML-RPC based command interface to the Lua interpreter.
- Remove plugins and code that are open source or available online from the installer.
- Fix in MotionBuilder plugin live streaming. Discard old samples if the MotionBuilder UI frame rate slows down too much.
- Fix to run Motion Service embedded in the desktop application on all platforms.