Follow these steps to stream and record animation using the Motion software.
1. Turn on the Shadow system and join its Wi-Fi network. See our Wireless Network guide for more details.
2. Open the Motion User Interface on your computer.
3. Load the skeleton configuration file for your Shadow system. This file contains the measurements and hierarchy information for your performer. It is also possible to scan for the Shadow system using the Node > Scan command.
All files that you open, save, or export are located in your Motion data folder.
4. Start streaming data from the Shadow.
5. Create the performer rest pose.
a. Have the performer copy the T-pose.
b. Send the command Node > Create Rest Pose once they have matched the T-pose as closely as possible.
6. To reset the position of the performer to the origin, send the Node > Set Pose command at any time (except when recording).
7. To begin and end recording sessions, use the Node > Start Take and Node > Stop Take commands.
8. You can export immediately with File > Export after each take or reload the session later for export.
9. The exported files as well as the skeleton configuration are located in your Motion data folder.
Your computer generates the skeletal animation and simulates its position. The Shadow hardware measures the rotations of your body and limbs.
The skeleton configuration, the rest pose, and the starting position of the performer are all associated with the Motion software running on your laptop or desktop computer.